Roasted Eggplant with Tahini Dressing
Eggplants one of those vegetables that are available year-round but are really best quality (sweet and with skins and seeds that are tasty, not bitter) when purchased locally in summer months. Look for shiny, unblemished skins, eggplants that are heavy for their size. The flesh inside should be unblemished, firm and a little moist, not dry. The skin of these roast eggplants is delicious and edible, but some people dont care for it, so can just eat the flesh. This dressing is also excellent on salads, grilled lamb skewers, and fish.
For Eggplant: Heat oven to 425°F with rack in middle. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
Put eggplant pieces on prepared baking sheet, flesh-side up. With the tip of a sharp chefs knife, score flesh, about 3/4 inch deep. Season eggplant with salt and pepper, and drizzle with oil. Roast, rotating pan once halfway through, until eggplant flesh is soft and collapsed and edges are deep golden, 35 to 40 minutes.
For Dressing: While eggplant is roasting, in a bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients.
Remove eggplant from oven and sprinkle with salt. Transfer to serving plates, drizzle with half of the dressing and sprinkle with parsley. Serve with remaining dressing.
- Open-Faced Grilled Eggplant, Red Onion, and Heirloom Tomato Sandwiches with Creamy Celeriac Sauce
- Grilled Peppers, Eggplant & Zucchini with Lemon-Harissa Dressing
- Coffin Canapes with Red Pepper, Goat Cheese, and Black-Olive Spread
Add a Comment
Inside The Mind Of The Teenage Boy
Fired Founder: Men's Wearhouse 'Began Throwing Me Out Of My Office'
Katy Perry Talks John Mayer, Russell Brand And Her 'Republican' Parents
Selena Gomez Curses, Storms Off Stage At Jingle Ball 2013
Britney Spears On 'Chaotic': 'The Worst Thing I've Done In My Career'
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- 5 Thanksgiving Disasters You Can Fix: Here's How
- 7 New Ways to Use Kitchen Equipment You Already Have
- Taming the Outdoors: How To Pick the Perfect Christmas Tree
- 15 Ideas For A Black And White Christmas