Roasted Root Vegetable Soup
Peel and slice the veggies about 1/2 inch thick. Toss with a tiny bit of olive oil. Place on a foil covered baking sheet in a single layer. Roast at high temp 400-500 degrees for about 15-25 minutes or until a hint of brown appears.
Remove from oven and place in stock pot. Cover with water or chicken stock and simmer for about 30 minutes. Puree with a hand blender or carefully strain veggies, saving stock, and puree in the blender in small batches until smooth.
Return pureed veggies and stock to stock pot and add more water or chicken stock to bring it to a medium consistency and return to simmer. Add salt and pepper as necessary and finish with the butter, slowly dropped in by the chunk, to taste.
Add a Comment
The Worst Product Flops Of All Time: 24/7 Wall Street
Miley Cyrus Performs In Underwear After Missing Costume Change
Joran van der Sloot Extradition: Will Face Extortion Charges In U.S. In 2038
Adam Lanza's Father: 'Evil' Sandy Hook Shooter Would Have Killed Me 'In A Heartbeat'
'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Healthy Weekly Dinner Meal Plan: A Whole Week of Healthy Spring Dinners
- 7-Day Early Spring Healthy Dinner Plan
- Nine Steps To Help You Declutter a Room
- Stylish Exaggeration: Jonathan Adler Reveals One Of His Muses