Bake 15 to 20 minutes until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
While cake bakes, lay a smooth kitchen towel on countertop. Sprinkle towel evenly with confectioners' sugar or cocoa stirred through a strainer. Invert cake on towel and remove pan. Carefully peel off paper. Dust with sugar or cocoa. Roll up cake and towel (cake may crack; that's OK) from narrow side of cake (see Get Rolling photo, right). Place on a wire rack; cool completely.
To assemble: Carefully unroll log. Spread with filling to within 1 in. of edges. Roll up cake, without towel, from same side as before. Carefully transfer to platter. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes to firm filling.
Spread 1/2 cup frosting over top and sides to set crumbs. Refrigerate 30 minutes. (If using White Frosting, refrigerate frosting, too. It won't get very thick.) Spread cake with remaining frosting. Refrigerate 60.
To decorate: See Simple Decorations
Add a Comment
This Girl's Reaction To 'Engagement Season' Is Pretty Much Perfect
- Anne Hathaway In 'Sound Of Music Live'? Von Trapp Family Reveals Their Ideal Choice For Maria
Kanye West, The Next Nelson Mandela? Not So Fast
- Kate Middleton Fist Bumps Child In Adorably Unscripted Moment (VIDEO)
Grammy 2014 Snubs: Miley Cyrus Shut Out, Kanye West Comes Up Short, Lorde Lacks Best New Artist
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- This Incredibly Popular 'Food' Instagram Is Not What It Seems
- 18 Biggest Baking Mishaps and How To Avoid Them
- 5 Thanksgiving Disasters You Can Fix: Here's How
- 7 New Ways to Use Kitchen Equipment You Already Have