Rosemary-Maple Glazed Turkey Breast with Gravy
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. In a small bowl combine butter, orange zest and finely chopped rosemary. Season with salt and pepper and mix well. Carefully separate skin from turkey breast and smear with rosemary-orange butter in between. Season the outside well with salt and pepper.
Make glaze: place butter, maple syrup and orange juice in a small saucepan and simmer gently. Shut off heat and allow to cool so it thickens.
Lay carrots, onion and celery on the bottom of a large roasting dish. Add garlic and sprigs of rosemary. Place turkey on top and place in the oven to roast. Roast for 1 hour then glaze every 15 minutes thereafter until done - about 30 minutes. The turkey is done when an instant read thermometer inserted into the thickest part reads 160 degrees F.
Once turkey is roasted, remove to a platter to rest. Set roasting pan across two burners on stove top over high heat. Skim and discard excess fat. Add flour to pan and whisk. Add stock and simmer, then season lightly with salt and add cold butter. Stir well to combine. Strain sauce and discard solids. Serve gravy over sliced roasted turkey breast.
Add a Comment
Kirstie Alley Explains Why John Travolta Was Her 'Greatest Love'
Celebrity Swans: Awkward Adolescents Turned Smokin' Hot Stars
Miley Cyrus' Jingle Ball Performance Of '#Getitright' Features Santa Twerking And Plenty Of Glitter
- Rashida Jones: '2013 Was The Year Of The Very Visible Vagina'
- Grammy 2014 Snubs: Miley Cyrus Shut Out, Kanye West Comes Up Short, Lorde Lacks Best New Artist
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- 5 Thanksgiving Disasters You Can Fix: Here's How
- 7 New Ways to Use Kitchen Equipment You Already Have