Russian Beef and Vegetable Soup
Heat oil in a heavy 5- to 6-qt pot over medium-high heat. Put flour and beef in a plastic bag; shake to coat beef. Add to pot and cook, stirring often, 4 minutes or until browned.
Stir in onions and sauté 2 to 3 minutes until they start to soften. Add beef broth and 2 cups water. Bring to a boil, scraping up any brown bits on bottom of pot. Add bay leaf. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 2 hours or until beef is tender.
Stir in cabbage, potatoes, carrots and beets. Cover; simmer 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Stir in vinegar.
Ladle into soup bowls. Garnish with sour cream and dill.
|Per Single Serving / Serves 7 Total|
|Calories||319||Calories from fat||117|
|Total Fat||13gm||20%||Saturated Fat||5gm||25%|
Nutrition Facts provided by: Woman's Day
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
** Nutrient information is not available.
Add a Comment
Kirstie Alley Explains Why John Travolta Was Her 'Greatest Love'
Celebrity Swans: Awkward Adolescents Turned Smokin' Hot Stars
Miley Cyrus' Jingle Ball Performance Of '#Getitright' Features Santa Twerking And Plenty Of Glitter
- Rashida Jones: '2013 Was The Year Of The Very Visible Vagina'
- Grammy 2014 Snubs: Miley Cyrus Shut Out, Kanye West Comes Up Short, Lorde Lacks Best New Artist
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- 5 Thanksgiving Disasters You Can Fix: Here's How
- 7 New Ways to Use Kitchen Equipment You Already Have