Salted Caramel Pecan Pie
Begin by preparing dough: In a food processor combine flour, sugar and salt. Pulse a couple of times to combine then add butter. Pulse until you have the texture of coarse bread crumbs. Add egg and combine once again. Dump out on to a lightly floured work surface and form into a flat disc (this will make it easier to roll out later). Wrap in plastic and rest for 30 minutes.
Once rested, roll out and press into a deep 9-inch pie pan. Trim any uneven over-hanging bits then crimp the edges with your fingers so it has a nice lip. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees F. Place a piece of parchment over the top of the crust and place dried beans or pie weights on top so it doesn't rise. Bake for 15 minutes, then remove the parchment and weights and bake uncovered for another 5-7 minutes so it starts to brown. Remove from oven and reduce oven temperature to 350 degrees F.
Now prepare the caramel filling: In a medium sauce pan add corn syrup, butter, sugar and sea salt. Bring to a boil then remove from heat and allow to cool to room temperature. Whisk in beaten eggs, vanilla and pecans. Pour mixture into pie pan and bake in the 350 degree oven for 45 minutes. Tent loosely with foil if it starts to brown too quickly. Allow to cool in pie pan before removing.
Whip cream and vanilla to soft peaks. Serve dollops of cream with warm slices of salted caramel pecan pie. Garnish with an extra sprinkle of flakey sea salt.
- Rich Chocolate Cake with Salty Dulce de Leche & Hazelnut Brittle
- Pasta with Green Beans, Potatoes and Basil Pesto (Pasta Alla Ligure)
- Chestnut Confit with Roasted Potatoes, Bacon, and Kumquats
Add a Comment
- Oklahoma Tornado Aftermath Leaves Trail Of Destruction In Moore (PHOTOS, LIVE UPDATES)
- 'Fat' Abercrombie Ads Are A Brilliant Response To CEO Mike Jeffries (PHOTOS)
Oklahoma City Tornado 2013: Storms Tear Across Central U.S. (LIVE UPDATES, PHOTOS, VIDEO)
Oklahoma Senators Jim Inhofe, Tom Coburn, Face Difficult Options On Disaster Relief
Susan Powell Case Update: Police End Search For Utah Mom (UPDATE)
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Staff Picks: Our Favorite Spring Produce
- Los Angeles: Eat the Huaraches and Gorditas at Antojitos Carmen