Sarah's Baba Ghanouj
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
Wash, dry, peel and slice eggplants lengthwise. Place cut-side down in rimmed baking sheet that has a generous coating of olive oil. Roast in oven for about 45 minutes.
Scrape the eggplant flesh into a mesh strainer set over a bowl or the sink, let it cool, or press down on it to squeeze out as much liquid as you can (There will be a lot). Discard this liquid.
Pulse 2 cloves of fresh garlic in a food processor until minced, then add eggplant pulp, several cloves of the roasted garlic, 1 Tbsp olive oil, 2 Tbsp tahini, 2 Tbsp lemon juice, a pinch of cumin. Puree.
Salt and pepper to taste, then serve with warm pita bread.
- Open-Faced Grilled Eggplant, Red Onion, and Heirloom Tomato Sandwiches with Creamy Celeriac Sauce
- Grilled Peppers, Eggplant & Zucchini with Lemon-Harissa Dressing
- Coffin Canapes with Red Pepper, Goat Cheese, and Black-Olive Spread
Add a Comment
Kirstie Alley Explains Why John Travolta Was Her 'Greatest Love'
Celebrity Swans: Awkward Adolescents Turned Smokin' Hot Stars
Miley Cyrus' Jingle Ball Performance Of '#Getitright' Features Santa Twerking And Plenty Of Glitter
- Rashida Jones: '2013 Was The Year Of The Very Visible Vagina'
- Grammy 2014 Snubs: Miley Cyrus Shut Out, Kanye West Comes Up Short, Lorde Lacks Best New Artist
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- 5 Thanksgiving Disasters You Can Fix: Here's How
- 7 New Ways to Use Kitchen Equipment You Already Have