Sauteed Cabbage and Bacon
This simple combination of two classic German ingredients pair together like yin and yang. A streak of lemon juice cuts through this dish without being obvious, while deliciously balancing the flavors of smoky bacon and sweet cabbage.
Quarter cabbage, then core and cut into large pieces (about 2-by 3-inch; about 14 cups).
Cook bacon in heavy cold 12-inch skillet over medium heat until it begins to sizzle, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until bacon is browned, about 3 minutes. Stir in cabbage and remaining ingredients and cook covered, stirring occasionally, until cabbage softens, about 8 minutes. Season to taste and transfer to a serving dish.
- Pastiera di maccheroni (Pasta Bake with Pancetta, Rosemary, and Ground Pork)
- Braised Pork Shoulder with Tomatoes, Cinnamon, and Olives Over Polenta
- Tea-Smoked Tofu with Pepper and Pork (Yan Dou Fu Gan Zhao Cai)
Add a Comment
Charlie Sheen's Real Name Makes A Comeback: Actor Credited As Carlos Estevez In New Film (VIDEO)
Obama Forgets To Salute Marine, Awkwardly Makes It Up To Him
Mariah Carey On 'GMA': 'Oh Sh-t' And A Wardrobe Malfunction
Convos With My 2-Year-Old, Episode 1 (VIDEO)
Drummer Lee Rigby Identified As Killed Soldier In London Attack
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Staff Picks: Our Favorite Spring Produce
- Los Angeles: Eat the Huaraches and Gorditas at Antojitos Carmen