Sauteed Cabbage and Bacon
This simple combination of two classic German ingredients pair together like yin and yang. A streak of lemon juice cuts through this dish without being obvious, while deliciously balancing the flavors of smoky bacon and sweet cabbage.
Quarter cabbage, then core and cut into large pieces (about 2-by 3-inch; about 14 cups).
Cook bacon in heavy cold 12-inch skillet over medium heat until it begins to sizzle, about 3 minutes. Add garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until bacon is browned, about 3 minutes. Stir in cabbage and remaining ingredients and cook covered, stirring occasionally, until cabbage softens, about 8 minutes. Season to taste and transfer to a serving dish.
- Pastiera di maccheroni (Pasta Bake with Pancetta, Rosemary, and Ground Pork)
- Braised Pork Shoulder with Tomatoes, Cinnamon, and Olives Over Polenta
- Tea-Smoked Tofu with Pepper and Pork (Yan Dou Fu Gan Zhao Cai)
Add a Comment
This Girl's Reaction To 'Engagement Season' Is Pretty Much Perfect
Britney Spears On 'Chaotic': 'The Worst Thing I've Done In My Career'
Obama Faces Backlash Over New Corporate Powers In Secret Trade Deal
Anne Hathaway In 'Sound Of Music Live'? Von Trapp Family Reveals Their Ideal Choice For Maria
Selena Gomez Curses, Storms Off Stage At Jingle Ball 2013
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- This Incredibly Popular 'Food' Instagram Is Not What It Seems
- 18 Biggest Baking Mishaps and How To Avoid Them
- 5 Thanksgiving Disasters You Can Fix: Here's How
- 7 New Ways to Use Kitchen Equipment You Already Have