Savory Herb-Crusted Chicken Pot Pie
Thaw the pastry sheet at room temperature for 40 minutes or until it's easy to handle. Heat the oven to 400°F. Stir the egg and water with a fork in a small bowl.
Stir the chicken and vegetables in a 13 x 9-inch (3-quart) shallow baking dish. Set aside.
Heat the butter in a 2-quart saucepan over medium heat. Add the flour and cook for 3 minutes, stirring constantly. Gradually stir the broth into the saucepan and heat to a boil, stirring constantly. Reduce the heat to a low and cook for about 3 minutes or until the mixture thickens. Pour over the chicken mixture.
Unroll the pastry sheet on a lightly floured surface. Roll the sheet to a 13 x 9-inch rectangle. Place the pastry over the chicken mixture, gently pressing the pastry to the edge of the dish to seal. Flute the edges if desired. Brush with the egg mixture and sprinkle with the herbs. Cut several 2-inch long slits on the top.
Bake for 25 minutes or until golden and filling is bubbly.
Add a Comment
The Most Embarrassing I-Want-You-Back Texts We've Ever Read
Is The Universe A Hologram? Physicists Say It's Possible
Ethan Couch Sentenced To Probation In Crash That Killed 4 After Defense Argued He Had 'Affluenza'
Jang Song Thaek, Kim Jong Un's Ousted Uncle, Reportedly Executed
Ellen DeGeneres Responds To Divorce Rumors As Only She Can
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- 5 Thanksgiving Disasters You Can Fix: Here's How
- 7 New Ways to Use Kitchen Equipment You Already Have
- Unusual Ways to Reuse Your Holiday Wrapping Paper
- Holiday Hosting Made Easy: Revelry House Tells Us Their Expert Entertaining Tips