Preheat oven to 375°F with rack in middle.
Cook mussels with wine and stock in a 4-quart pot, covered, over high heat just until opened, about 5 minutes. Discard any mussels that don’t open. Transfer mussels to a bowl with a slotted spoon and pour cooking liquid through a dampened paper towel-lined sieve set over a bowl. When mussels are cool enough to handle, remove meat and discard shells.
Cook shallots, carrots, and celery in butter with 1/2 tsp salt and 1/4 tsp pepper in a 5-quart heavy pot, covered, , over medium-low heat, stirring occasionally, until softened, about 10 minutes. Stir in flour and cook, stirring, 2 minutes. Add mussel cooking liquid and milk and bring to a boil, whisking often. Reduce heat and simmer, uncovered, 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste and aside 3 cups sauce.
While sauce is simmering: cut shrimp and scallops into ½-inch pieces. Add to remaining sauce in pot and gently simmer just until seafood is translucent, 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in mussels.
Spread half of reserved sauce in bottom of a buttered 13 x 9-inch baking dish. Put 4 noodle sheets on top. Spread with half of seafood mixture. Make another layer of 4 noodle sheets and seafood mixture. Put remaining 4 noodle sheets on top and spread with remaining sauce. Cover dish with foil and bake until bubbling, 25 to 30 minutes. Let lasagne stand 15 minutes before serving.
Cooks’ notes: *Seafood stock is available in some supermarkets (Kitchen Basic brand). Fish stock is available in some markets also. (Whole Foods sells frozen stock.) Knorr sells a fish bouillon cube which is find is salty-I dilute it 3 cups water to 1 cube. **I know brand recommendations are not preferred but Barilla no-boil noodle sheets are so superior to anything else out there. I think they are almost as good as homemade!
- Pastiera di maccheroni (Pasta Bake with Pancetta, Rosemary, and Ground Pork)
- Rigatoni ai carciofi (Rigatoni with Artichokes, Garlic, and Orange Zest)
- Shrimp-Stuffed Zucchini Flowers (Fiori Di Zucca Ripieni Con Gamberi)
Add a Comment
Inside The Mind Of The Teenage Boy
Fired Founder: Men's Wearhouse 'Began Throwing Me Out Of My Office'
Britney Spears On 'Chaotic': 'The Worst Thing I've Done In My Career'
Katy Perry Talks John Mayer, Russell Brand And Her 'Republican' Parents
Selena Gomez Curses, Storms Off Stage At Jingle Ball 2013
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- 5 Thanksgiving Disasters You Can Fix: Here's How
- 7 New Ways to Use Kitchen Equipment You Already Have
- Taming the Outdoors: How To Pick the Perfect Christmas Tree
- 15 Ideas For A Black And White Christmas