This savory shrimp and rice dish gets kicked up with garlic and ground red pepper to make a down-home favorite in less than an hour.
Stir the cornstarch and 1/2 cup tomato juice in a small bowl with a fork or whisk until the mixture is smooth and set the mixture aside.
Heat the butter in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the green pepper, celery, oregano, onion, garlic powder and red pepper and cook until the vegetables are tender-crisp.
Stir the remaining tomato juice in the skillet. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
Stir the cornstarch mixture and add it to the skillet. Add the shrimp. Cook until the mixture boils and thickens and the shrimp turn pink, stirring constantly. Serve over the rice.
Add a Comment
The Most Embarrassing I-Want-You-Back Texts We've Ever Read
Is The Universe A Hologram? Physicists Say It's Possible
Ethan Couch Sentenced To Probation In Crash That Killed 4 After Defense Argued He Had 'Affluenza'
Jang Song Thaek, Kim Jong Un's Ousted Uncle, Reportedly Executed
Ellen DeGeneres Responds To Divorce Rumors As Only She Can
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- 5 Thanksgiving Disasters You Can Fix: Here's How
- 7 New Ways to Use Kitchen Equipment You Already Have
- Unusual Ways to Reuse Your Holiday Wrapping Paper
- Holiday Hosting Made Easy: Revelry House Tells Us Their Expert Entertaining Tips