This savory shrimp and rice dish gets kicked up with garlic and ground red pepper to make a down-home favorite in less than an hour.
Stir the cornstarch and 1/2 cup tomato juice in a small bowl with a fork or whisk until the mixture is smooth and set the mixture aside.
Heat the butter in a 10-inch skillet over medium heat. Add the green pepper, celery, oregano, onion, garlic powder and red pepper and cook until the vegetables are tender-crisp.
Stir the remaining tomato juice in the skillet. Cover and cook for 5 minutes.
Stir the cornstarch mixture and add it to the skillet. Add the shrimp. Cook until the mixture boils and thickens and the shrimp turn pink, stirring constantly. Serve over the rice.
Add a Comment
Target's Latest Photoshop Fail Looks Pretty Painful
Miley Cyrus Performs In Underwear After Missing Costume Change
Obama Pushes Obamacare Enrollment On 'Between Two Ferns' With Zach Galifianakis
What Happens When 20 Strangers Are Paired Off And Asked To Kiss? Magic
Charlie The Dog's Life Saved By Drinking Vodka
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Nine Steps To Help You Declutter a Room
- Stylish Exaggeration: Jonathan Adler Reveals One Of His Muses