1. Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add onions, chives (or scallions), shallots, all but 1 teaspoon of the garlic, chiles, ginger and curry powder. Cook, stirring, until just beginning to brown, 4 to 5 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, 1/2 cup parsley, cilantro, thyme and bay leaf. Increase heat to high and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in rum and bring to a boil. Add fish stock (or clam juice) and tomato paste. Reduce heat and simmer until thickened and well-flavored, about 10 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, place shrimp in a shallow glass dish and toss with 2 tablespoons lime juice, salt and pepper. Cover with plastic wrap; refrigerate for 20 minutes.
3. Stir the shrimp into the onion-tomato mixture. Gently simmer over low heat, turning occasionally, until the shrimp are curled and opaque, 3 to 5 minutes. Stir in the remaining 1 teaspoon garlic. Taste and add more lime juice, if desired. Sprinkle with the remaining 1/2 cup parsley and serve immediately.
|Per Single Serving / Serves 6 Total|
|Calories from fat||45||Total Fat||5gm||8%|
|Saturated Fat||1gm||5%||Mono Unsaturated Fat||3gm|
Nutrition Facts provided by: EatingWell
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
** Nutrient information is not available.
Add a Comment
- Target's Latest Photoshop Fail Looks Pretty Painful
Miley Cyrus Performs In Underwear After Missing Costume Change
Obama Pushes Obamacare Enrollment On 'Between Two Ferns' With Zach Galifianakis
- Charlie The Dog's Life Saved By Drinking Vodka
What Happens When 20 Strangers Are Paired Off And Asked To Kiss? Magic
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Nine Steps To Help You Declutter a Room
- Stylish Exaggeration: Jonathan Adler Reveals One Of His Muses