Shrimp Salad with Black Beans and Avocado
Bring about 2 quarts of water to a boil and salt it. Add the shrimp, reduce the heat to medium, and cook for about 4 minutes, or until they are pink and firm. Drain, reserving some of the cooking water, and run under cold water to chill.
Peel the shrimp and cut them into bite-size pieces if they’re large. Transfer to a large bowl, and toss with the black beans, olive oil, orange juice, tomato, avocado, onion, garlic, chili powder, and a sprinkling of salt and pepper. Taste and adjust the seasoning; if the mixture is dry, add a little more olive oil or orange juice or some of the shrimp-cooking water. Stir in most of the cilantro, then garnish with the rest and serve.
Add a Comment
Kirstie Alley Explains Why John Travolta Was Her 'Greatest Love'
Celebrity Swans: Awkward Adolescents Turned Smokin' Hot Stars
Miley Cyrus' Jingle Ball Performance Of '#Getitright' Features Santa Twerking And Plenty Of Glitter
Celebrity Couples Who Met On Set
Lindsay Lohan Poses In Cutout Swimsuit While In Miami
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- 5 Thanksgiving Disasters You Can Fix: Here's How
- 7 New Ways to Use Kitchen Equipment You Already Have