Simple Vanilla Cupcakes
Baker and event planner Lauren Jepsen Mace shared her recipe for simple vanilla cake with KitchenDaily. See Lauren's step-by-step instructions for making a soccer cake for the World Cup (or any other occasion) using these cupcakes. Learn about Lauren's event planning services at eutopiaevents.com.
Mix shortening, eggs, sugar, vanilla, and milk together with an electric mixer, about 2 minutes. (Shortening will appear chunky.)
In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
Add the dry ingredients gradually to the liquid mixture. Blend for 3 to 4 minutes, or until mixture appears smooth, like a milkshake.
Pour batter into 2 regular cupcake pans (lined with baking cups) *TIP: For best results, use a pastry bag or a freezer bag with the corner cut off to pour the batter into the liners. This makes for easy and less messy looking cupcakes.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20-22 minutes until lightly golden brown on top (or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean).
- Crunchy Chocolate Almond Bites And Chocolate-Dipped Sweet Potato Chips
- Mezzelune dolci (Half-Moon-Shape Sweet Pasta Filled with Candied Fruit)
- Blueberry Oatmeal Streusel French Toast with Warm Maple Rum Sauce
Add a Comment
Miley Cyrus Uses A Teleprompter Onstage During Her Concerts
8 Couples Who Don't Take The Whole Wedding Thing Too Seriously
Kate Middleton's Date-Night Outfit Has Us Drooling
'Fashion Police' Mocks Pregnant Elsa Pataky's Oscars Look, Jokes About Her 'Beer Belly'
Kevin Spacey Proves Just How Ridiculous Female Celebrity Questions Are
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Nine Steps To Help You Declutter a Room
- Stylish Exaggeration: Jonathan Adler Reveals One Of His Muses