Simple Vanilla Cupcakes
Baker and event planner Lauren Jepsen Mace shared her recipe for simple vanilla cake with KitchenDaily. See Lauren's step-by-step instructions for making a soccer cake for the World Cup (or any other occasion) using these cupcakes. Learn about Lauren's event planning services at eutopiaevents.com.
Mix shortening, eggs, sugar, vanilla, and milk together with an electric mixer, about 2 minutes. (Shortening will appear chunky.)
In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt.
Add the dry ingredients gradually to the liquid mixture. Blend for 3 to 4 minutes, or until mixture appears smooth, like a milkshake.
Pour batter into 2 regular cupcake pans (lined with baking cups) *TIP: For best results, use a pastry bag or a freezer bag with the corner cut off to pour the batter into the liners. This makes for easy and less messy looking cupcakes.
Bake at 350 degrees for 20-22 minutes until lightly golden brown on top (or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean).
- Crunchy Chocolate Almond Bites And Chocolate-Dipped Sweet Potato Chips
- Mezzelune dolci (Half-Moon-Shape Sweet Pasta Filled with Candied Fruit)
- Blueberry Oatmeal Streusel French Toast with Warm Maple Rum Sauce
Add a Comment
- Jennifer Smith Changed How She Thought About Food And Lost 165 Pounds
WestJet Finds Out What Passengers Want For Christmas, Leaves Presents At Baggage Claim (VIDEO)
- Hero Teen Aubrey Peters Remembered At Candlelight Vigil
U.S. Soccer Star Alex Morgan Engaged To MLS's Servando Carrasco (PHOTOS)
Kelly Clarkson Responds To Cheating Rumors With Twitter Blast
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Taming the Outdoors: How To Pick the Perfect Christmas Tree
- 15 Ideas For A Black And White Christmas