Slow-Roasted Lamb Shanks with Horseradish Jus
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Set a large Dutch oven on the stove top over medium-high heat and add olive oil. Lightly dredge each shank in flour then brown in the pot on all four sides - about 10 minutes total.
Remove shanks from pot and add onion, garlic, carrots and celery. Saute vegetables for 6-8 minutes until very caramelized. Add thyme, bay and season with salt and pepper. Deglaze with beer and add stock. Nestle shanks back into the pot then cover with a lid and place in oven to braise. Cook for 2 hours until meat is just about falling off the bone.
When done, carefully lift out shanks and set aside loosely covered with foil. Discard thyme and bay leaf. Return liquid back to pot and set over high heat to reduce. Add grated fresh horseradish and reduce sauce by half - skim fat and discard
Serve shanks and pour over horseradish jus. Serve with sauteed Rainbow chard on the side.
- Pastiera di maccheroni (Pasta Bake with Pancetta, Rosemary, and Ground Pork)
- Grilled Peppers, Eggplant & Zucchini with Lemon-Harissa Dressing
- Coffin Canapes with Red Pepper, Goat Cheese, and Black-Olive Spread
Add a Comment
Miley Cyrus Uses A Teleprompter Onstage During Her Concerts
'Fashion Police' Mocks Pregnant Elsa Pataky's Oscars Look, Jokes About Her 'Beer Belly'
Mummified Body Of Woman Found At Detroit-area Home
Did Michael Jackson Have A Secret Son? Well, Here's What's Going On
Girl Speaks Gibberish With Perfect Accents To Show What Languages Sound Like To Foreigners
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Nine Steps To Help You Declutter a Room
- Stylish Exaggeration: Jonathan Adler Reveals One Of His Muses