Slow-Roasted Lamb Shanks with Horseradish Jus
Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F. Set a large Dutch oven on the stove top over medium-high heat and add olive oil. Lightly dredge each shank in flour then brown in the pot on all four sides - about 10 minutes total.
Remove shanks from pot and add onion, garlic, carrots and celery. Saute vegetables for 6-8 minutes until very caramelized. Add thyme, bay and season with salt and pepper. Deglaze with beer and add stock. Nestle shanks back into the pot then cover with a lid and place in oven to braise. Cook for 2 hours until meat is just about falling off the bone.
When done, carefully lift out shanks and set aside loosely covered with foil. Discard thyme and bay leaf. Return liquid back to pot and set over high heat to reduce. Add grated fresh horseradish and reduce sauce by half - skim fat and discard
Serve shanks and pour over horseradish jus. Serve with sauteed Rainbow chard on the side.
- Pastiera di maccheroni (Pasta Bake with Pancetta, Rosemary, and Ground Pork)
- Grilled Peppers, Eggplant & Zucchini with Lemon-Harissa Dressing
- Coffin Canapes with Red Pepper, Goat Cheese, and Black-Olive Spread
Add a Comment
Lindsay Lohan Poses In Cutout Swimsuit While In Miami
Celebrity Couples Who Met On Set
Rashida Jones: '2013 Was The Year Of The Very Visible Vagina'
Kirstie Alley Explains Why John Travolta Was Her 'Greatest Love'
These Celebrity Weddings Of 2013 Took Our Breath Away
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- 5 Thanksgiving Disasters You Can Fix: Here's How
- 7 New Ways to Use Kitchen Equipment You Already Have