Smoked Ham With Bourbon, Brown Sugar and Cola
Preheat oven to 325 F.
In a small saucepan combine the bourbon, sugar, cola, mustard and fresh thyme. Simmer gently over low heat stirring to dissolve sugar. Reduce until thick and syrupy and liquid coats the back of a wooden spoon.
Take ham out of plastic and score (lightly cut) the top of the skin with a sharp knife. Make large cuts in one direction across the ham and then in the other direction to form a pattern of large diamonds. Place it in a large roasting dish fat side up and make sure it is brought to room temperature if refrigerated (approximately one hour). Pour and brush the glaze over the ham and add 1 cup of water with 3 tablespoons of bourbon to the bottom of the roasting pan before baking. Pop it into the oven on the lower rack.
Bake for 90 minutes, basting with pan juices every 30 minutes. Check for internal temperature -- it should reach 140 F on a meat thermometer and the meat should be tender and falling apart when done. When done, remove from oven, tent loosely with foil and let stand for 15 minutes.
Skim fat from pan juices and drizzle juice over carved ham slices.
- Pastiera di maccheroni (Pasta Bake with Pancetta, Rosemary, and Ground Pork)
- Braised Pork Shoulder with Tomatoes, Cinnamon, and Olives Over Polenta
- Tea-Smoked Tofu with Pepper and Pork (Yan Dou Fu Gan Zhao Cai)
Articles Like ThisMore Articles »
Add a Comment
5-Year-Old's Attempt To Forge Mommy's Signature Is Definitely Frame-Worthy
'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram
The Worst Product Flops Of All Time: 24/7 Wall Street
'Lick This' App Teaches Oral Sex Via Phone-Licking
Rashard Mendenhall: Why I Retired At 26
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Healthy Weekly Dinner Meal Plan: A Whole Week of Healthy Spring Dinners
- 7-Day Early Spring Healthy Dinner Plan
- Nine Steps To Help You Declutter a Room
- Stylish Exaggeration: Jonathan Adler Reveals One Of His Muses