Smoked Ham With Bourbon, Brown Sugar and Cola
Preheat oven to 325 F.
In a small saucepan combine the bourbon, sugar, cola, mustard and fresh thyme. Simmer gently over low heat stirring to dissolve sugar. Reduce until thick and syrupy and liquid coats the back of a wooden spoon.
Take ham out of plastic and score (lightly cut) the top of the skin with a sharp knife. Make large cuts in one direction across the ham and then in the other direction to form a pattern of large diamonds. Place it in a large roasting dish fat side up and make sure it is brought to room temperature if refrigerated (approximately one hour). Pour and brush the glaze over the ham and add 1 cup of water with 3 tablespoons of bourbon to the bottom of the roasting pan before baking. Pop it into the oven on the lower rack.
Bake for 90 minutes, basting with pan juices every 30 minutes. Check for internal temperature -- it should reach 140 F on a meat thermometer and the meat should be tender and falling apart when done. When done, remove from oven, tent loosely with foil and let stand for 15 minutes.
Skim fat from pan juices and drizzle juice over carved ham slices.
- Pastiera di maccheroni (Pasta Bake with Pancetta, Rosemary, and Ground Pork)
- Braised Pork Shoulder with Tomatoes, Cinnamon, and Olives Over Polenta
- Tea-Smoked Tofu with Pepper and Pork (Yan Dou Fu Gan Zhao Cai)
Articles Like ThisMore Articles »
Add a Comment
This Girl's Reaction To 'Engagement Season' Is Pretty Much Perfect
Britney Spears On 'Chaotic': 'The Worst Thing I've Done In My Career'
Selena Gomez Curses, Storms Off Stage At Jingle Ball 2013
Obama Faces Backlash Over New Corporate Powers In Secret Trade Deal
Anne Hathaway In 'Sound Of Music Live'? Von Trapp Family Reveals Their Ideal Choice For Maria
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- This Incredibly Popular 'Food' Instagram Is Not What It Seems
- 18 Biggest Baking Mishaps and How To Avoid Them
- 5 Thanksgiving Disasters You Can Fix: Here's How
- 7 New Ways to Use Kitchen Equipment You Already Have