Soft Tacos with Pork, Cabbage Slaw and Avocado Mash
Provided By: Jackie Torren
My kids love any excuse to eat with their hands so they are always happy when I serve these tacos. If outdoor grilling is not an option, you can also cook the meat on a stovetop grill or under the broiler.
Cut the pork lengthwise almost through to the other side. Open and flatten the meat to butterfly. Combine half of the onion, the orange juice, 2 tablespoons of the olive oil and the red-pepper flakes. Pour over the meat and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes and up to 2 hours.
In a large bowl combine the cabbage, remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil and the lime juice. Season with salt and pepper.
In a medium bowl coarsely mash the avocado, add the remaining half onion and one tablespoon lime juice. Season with salt and pepper.
Heat the grill. Cook the pork on a lightly-oiled grill, turning occasionally, until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the meat reaches 150°, about 15 minutes. Transfer to a carving board and let rest for 5 minutes. Meanwhile, wrap the tortillas in two separate packets of foil and warm on the grill. Cut the pork into thin slices.
Fill each tortilla with the avocado mash, slaw, sliced pork and a few cilantro leaves.
- Pastiera di maccheroni (Pasta Bake with Pancetta, Rosemary, and Ground Pork)
- Braised Pork Shoulder with Tomatoes, Cinnamon, and Olives Over Polenta
- Tea-Smoked Tofu with Pepper and Pork (Yan Dou Fu Gan Zhao Cai)
Add a Comment
These Celebrity Weddings Of 2013 Took Our Breath Away
Marijuana In Wendy's Burger Was 'Misplaced' By Employee Amy Seiber: Cops (PHOTO)
Jada Pinkett Smith Rocked A Bikini This Thanksgiving While You Were Stuffing Your Face
Who Is Paul Walker's Girlfriend Jasmine Pilchard-Gosnell?
Jessica Simpson Wears Tight Floral Dress To Footwear News Achievement Awards
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- 5 Thanksgiving Disasters You Can Fix: Here's How
- 7 New Ways to Use Kitchen Equipment You Already Have