Spaghetti and Meat Sauce with Peppers and Mushrooms
Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large, deep nonstick skillet. Add mushrooms and cook 4 to 5 minutes, until very lightly browned. Remove to a small bowl.
Heat remaining teaspoon oil in same skillet. Add onions, peppers and garlic and cook 4 to 5 minutes, stirring often, until onions are almost translucent. Reduce heat to medium. Stir in turkey and turkey sausage and cook about 5 minutes, breaking up clumps, until meat is no longer pink.
Stir in tomatoes, wine, parsley, basil and salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered 10 minutes. Stir in mushrooms and simmer 5 minutes more until flavors are blended and sauce is slightly thickened. Serve over spaghetti.
The red wine enhances this zesty, full-bodied sauce.
|Per Single Serving / Serves 1 Total|
|Calories||499||Calories from fat||90|
|Total Fat||10gm||15%||Saturated Fat||0gm||0%|
Nutrition Facts provided by: Woman's Day
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
** Nutrient information is not available.
Add a Comment
- Jennifer Smith Changed How She Thought About Food And Lost 165 Pounds
WestJet Finds Out What Passengers Want For Christmas, Leaves Presents At Baggage Claim (VIDEO)
- Hero Teen Aubrey Peters Remembered At Candlelight Vigil
U.S. Soccer Star Alex Morgan Engaged To MLS's Servando Carrasco (PHOTOS)
If Only All Moms Could Breastfeed Like Gisele
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- 5 Thanksgiving Disasters You Can Fix: Here's How
- 7 New Ways to Use Kitchen Equipment You Already Have