Spaghetti and Meat Sauce with Peppers and Mushrooms
Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large, deep nonstick skillet. Add mushrooms and cook 4 to 5 minutes, until very lightly browned. Remove to a small bowl.
Heat remaining teaspoon oil in same skillet. Add onions, peppers and garlic and cook 4 to 5 minutes, stirring often, until onions are almost translucent. Reduce heat to medium. Stir in turkey and turkey sausage and cook about 5 minutes, breaking up clumps, until meat is no longer pink.
Stir in tomatoes, wine, parsley, basil and salt. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer uncovered 10 minutes. Stir in mushrooms and simmer 5 minutes more until flavors are blended and sauce is slightly thickened. Serve over spaghetti.
The red wine enhances this zesty, full-bodied sauce.
|Per Single Serving / Serves 1 Total|
|Calories||499||Calories from fat||90|
|Total Fat||10gm||15%||Saturated Fat||0gm||0%|
Nutrition Facts provided by: Woman's Day
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
** Nutrient information is not available.
Add a Comment
5-Year-Old's Attempt To Forge Mommy's Signature Is Definitely Frame-Worthy
Kesha Drops Dollar Sign From Her Name After Leaving Rehab
'Fox Business' Commentator Tells 'Daily Show' Correspondent, 'If You're Poor, Stop Being Poor'
'Hot Facebook Mom' Still Wants To Know: 'What's Your Excuse?'
Malaysia Airlines Plane, Flight MH370, Goes Missing
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Healthy Weekly Dinner Meal Plan: A Whole Week of Healthy Spring Dinners
- 7-Day Early Spring Healthy Dinner Plan
- Nine Steps To Help You Declutter a Room
- Stylish Exaggeration: Jonathan Adler Reveals One Of His Muses