Spice-Rubbed Grilled Pork Chops with Red Cabbage Slaw
Provided By: Ian Knauer
This Americanized ode to Eastern Europe is just what’s needed to keep your little Bolsheviks running at full speed. Paprika and cumin add a flavorful kick to pork chops while sweet and sour slaw rounds out this modern take on pork and cabbage.
Stir together vinegar, sugar, 1 teaspoon salt and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl. Thinly slice cabbage crosswise and add to vinegar mixture. Peel carrot and apple, then cut into matchsticks. Toss together with cabbage and let sit at room temperature, 30 minutes.
Heat oiled grill pan over medium-high heat until hot, then sear pork, in batches if necessary, turning occasionally, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the meat reads 145°F, about 15 minutes total. Transfer pork to a platter and let rest 10 minutes.
Serve pork chops with red cabbage slaw.
COOKS’ NOTE: If your grill pan is too small to fit all 4 chops at once, cook pork in batches, keeping first batch warm, covered with foil, in a 200°F oven.
Add a Comment
- Jennifer Smith Changed How She Thought About Food And Lost 165 Pounds
WestJet Finds Out What Passengers Want For Christmas, Leaves Presents At Baggage Claim (VIDEO)
If Only All Moms Could Breastfeed Like Gisele
- Hero Teen Aubrey Peters Remembered At Candlelight Vigil
U.S. Soccer Star Alex Morgan Engaged To MLS's Servando Carrasco (PHOTOS)
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar