Spicy Black Bean Soup with Crème Fraîche and Cilantro
Heat a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the oil and shallots and sauté until tender, about 1 minute. Add the garlic, cumin, and half of the jalapeño and continue cooking for 1 minute. Add the beans and chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes.
Working in batches, transfer the soup to a blender and puree until smooth. Return the pureed soup to a medium saucepan over medium heat. Season the soup to taste with salt, black pepper, and lime juice.
Ladle the soup into serving bowls, drizzle some crème fraîche over the soup and garnish with the remaining jalapeño and cilantro, if desired.
Add a Comment
Lindsay Lohan Poses In Cutout Swimsuit While In Miami
These Celebrity Weddings Of 2013 Took Our Breath Away
Jada Pinkett Smith Rocked A Bikini This Thanksgiving While You Were Stuffing Your Face
Marijuana In Wendy's Burger Was 'Misplaced' By Employee Amy Seiber: Cops (PHOTO)
White House Acknowledges Obama Lived With Uncle After Previously Denying They'd Met
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- 5 Thanksgiving Disasters You Can Fix: Here's How
- 7 New Ways to Use Kitchen Equipment You Already Have