Spicy Black Bean Soup with Crème Fraîche and Cilantro
Heat a large pot over medium-high heat. Add the oil and shallots and sauté until tender, about 1 minute. Add the garlic, cumin, and half of the jalapeño and continue cooking for 1 minute. Add the beans and chicken stock and bring to a simmer. Simmer for 5 minutes.
Working in batches, transfer the soup to a blender and puree until smooth. Return the pureed soup to a medium saucepan over medium heat. Season the soup to taste with salt, black pepper, and lime juice.
Ladle the soup into serving bowls, drizzle some crème fraîche over the soup and garnish with the remaining jalapeño and cilantro, if desired.
Add a Comment
Mummified Body Of Woman Found At Detroit-area Home
Award-Winning Photo Tells Us More About The Syria Crisis Than Any Statistic Can
Malaysia Airlines Plane, Flight MH370, Goes Missing
Kesha Drops Dollar Sign From Her Name After Leaving Rehab
Girl Speaks Gibberish With Perfect Accents To Show What Languages Sound Like To Foreigners
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Healthy Weekly Dinner Meal Plan: A Whole Week of Healthy Spring Dinners
- 7-Day Early Spring Healthy Dinner Plan
- Nine Steps To Help You Declutter a Room
- Stylish Exaggeration: Jonathan Adler Reveals One Of His Muses