Spicy Sausage Rigatoni with Olives and Capers
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Place the tomatoes on a small non-reactive baking sheet and drizzle with 2 teaspoons of oil.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Roast the tomatoes in the oven for about 10 minutes or until they begin to split.
Remove from oven and set aside.
Meanwhile heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large heavy sauté pan over medium heat.
Add the salami and cook until light golden in color about 30 seconds on each side.
Transfer the salami to a plate and reserve.
Return the pan to the heat.
If the salami does not render enough oil add just enough olive oil to sauté the garlic.
Add the capers and olives to the hot pan and toss.
Add the wine and simmer until reduced by about half about 3 minutes.
Add the tomatoes and parsley and toss gently.
Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil.
Remove the pan from the heat.
Strain the rigatoni then toss the rigatoni and salami in the pan with the sauce.
Season to taste with pepper.
Transfer the pasta to plates spooning any salami and tomato mixture from the pan over the pasta.
Serve and enjoy.
- Pastiera di maccheroni (Pasta Bake with Pancetta, Rosemary, and Ground Pork)
- Rigatoni ai carciofi (Rigatoni with Artichokes, Garlic, and Orange Zest)
- Capunti Pasta with Dried Sweet Italian Peppers (Capunti Con Cruschi)
Add a Comment
5-Year-Old's Attempt To Forge Mommy's Signature Is Definitely Frame-Worthy
The Worst Product Flops Of All Time: 24/7 Wall Street
'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram
5 Things Women Are Judged More Harshly For Than Men
Ann Coulter At CPAC: Democrats Want Immigration Reform For 'Warm Bodies, More Votes'
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Nine Steps To Help You Declutter a Room
- Stylish Exaggeration: Jonathan Adler Reveals One Of His Muses