Spicy Sausage Rigatoni with Olives and Capers
Preheat the oven to 400°F.
Place the tomatoes on a small non-reactive baking sheet and drizzle with 2 teaspoons of oil.
Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Roast the tomatoes in the oven for about 10 minutes or until they begin to split.
Remove from oven and set aside.
Cook the rigatoni in a large pot of boiling salted water stirring often to ensure the rigatoni doesn't stick to the bottom of the pot or to each other until al dente about 8 minutes.
Meanwhile heat 1 tablespoon of oil in a large heavy sauté pan over medium heat.
Add the salami and cook until light golden in color about 30 seconds on each side.
Transfer the salami to a plate and reserve.
Return the pan to the heat.
Add the garlic and sauté in the drippings remaining from the salami until tender about 1 minute.
If the salami does not render enough oil add just enough olive oil to sauté the garlic.
Add the capers and olives to the hot pan and toss.
Add the wine and simmer until reduced by about half about 3 minutes.
Add the tomatoes and parsley and toss gently.
Add the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil.
Remove the pan from the heat.
Strain the rigatoni then toss the rigatoni and salami in the pan with the sauce.
Season to taste with pepper.
Transfer the pasta to plates spooning any salami and tomato mixture from the pan over the pasta.
Serve and enjoy.
- Pastiera di maccheroni (Pasta Bake with Pancetta, Rosemary, and Ground Pork)
- Rigatoni ai carciofi (Rigatoni with Artichokes, Garlic, and Orange Zest)
- Capunti Pasta with Dried Sweet Italian Peppers (Capunti Con Cruschi)
Add a Comment
Kirstie Alley Explains Why John Travolta Was Her 'Greatest Love'
Celebrity Swans: Awkward Adolescents Turned Smokin' Hot Stars
Miley Cyrus' Jingle Ball Performance Of '#Getitright' Features Santa Twerking And Plenty Of Glitter
Mexican Teen Reportedly Injects Krokodil Into Genitals
Rashida Jones: '2013 Was The Year Of The Very Visible Vagina'
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- 5 Thanksgiving Disasters You Can Fix: Here's How
- 7 New Ways to Use Kitchen Equipment You Already Have