Spicy Yogurt Chicken
Plain yogurt is a magical ingredient in a marinade. It tenderizes chicken while keeping it moist and succulent. Add a little sweetener, something tart and warm spices”and you have a dynamite dish.
1. Place hot water in a small bowl and crumble saffron threads over it. Steep for 5 minutes. Combine yogurt, onion, garlic, harissa (or hot sauce or cayenne), lemon juice, honey, oil, salt, cumin and cinnamon in a shallow dish. Stir in the saffron water. Add drumsticks and coat well. Cover with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or up to 12 hours.
2. Meanwhile, preheat oven to 450°F. Line a baking sheet with foil and set an oiled rack on top. Place the drumsticks on the rack and bake until the chicken is golden brown on the outside and no longer pink in the center, about 30 minutes.
|Per Single Serving / Serves 4 Total|
|Calories from fat||81||Total Fat||9gm||14%|
|Saturated Fat||2gm||10%||Mono Unsaturated Fat||4gm|
Nutrition Facts provided by: EatingWell
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
** Nutrient information is not available.
Add a Comment
Marijuana In Wendy's Burger Was 'Misplaced' By Employee Amy Seiber: Cops (PHOTO)
Jada Pinkett Smith Rocked A Bikini This Thanksgiving While You Were Stuffing Your Face
These Celebrity Weddings Of 2013 Took Our Breath Away
Pamela Anderson Is Now A Brunette (No, We're Not Kidding)
Beyonce Posts Bikini Photos From Her Recent Jamaican Holiday
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- 5 Thanksgiving Disasters You Can Fix: Here's How
- 7 New Ways to Use Kitchen Equipment You Already Have