Steak Béarnaise with Sweet Potato Straws
Using a grater or knife, cut the potatoes into long, thin pieces; fry in batches in the hot oil, draining each batch on paper towels.
FOR THE BEARNAISE:
Bring the vinegar, wine, chives and 1 tablespoon of the Italian parsley to the boil. Reduce until you have about 1 tablespoon of liquid; cool slightly in the pan. Fill a smaller saucepan with water and bring to a simmer. Whisk the eggs, add to the reduction pan then place the reduction pan over the saucepan of simmering water. Whisk the sauce until thick. Add melted butter in a steady stream, whisking all the time. Finally, add the remaining parsley.
To serve: Place each steak on a pile of mixed leaves, top with chips and pour over the Béarnaise sauce.
Add a Comment
5-Year-Old's Attempt To Forge Mommy's Signature Is Definitely Frame-Worthy
'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram
The Worst Product Flops Of All Time: 24/7 Wall Street
'Lick This' App Teaches Oral Sex Via Phone-Licking
Rashard Mendenhall: Why I Retired At 26
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Nine Steps To Help You Declutter a Room
- Stylish Exaggeration: Jonathan Adler Reveals One Of His Muses