Steak Béarnaise with Sweet Potato Straws
Rub the steaks with olive oil. Heat a grill pan until hot. Sear the steaks on both sides and then cook to preference.
Using a grater or knife, cut the potatoes into long, thin pieces; fry in batches in the hot oil, draining each batch on paper towels.
FOR THE BEARNAISE:
Bring the vinegar, wine, chives and 1 tablespoon of the Italian parsley to the boil. Reduce until you have about 1 tablespoon of liquid; cool slightly in the pan. Fill a smaller saucepan with water and bring to a simmer. Whisk the eggs, add to the reduction pan then place the reduction pan over the saucepan of simmering water. Whisk the sauce until thick. Add melted butter in a steady stream, whisking all the time. Finally, add the remaining parsley.
To serve: Place each steak on a pile of mixed leaves, top with chips and pour over the Béarnaise sauce.
Add a Comment
Mexican Teen Reportedly Injects Krokodil Into Genitals
Kirstie Alley Explains Why John Travolta Was Her 'Greatest Love'
Celebrity Swans: Awkward Adolescents Turned Smokin' Hot Stars
This Girl's Reaction To 'Engagement Season' Is Pretty Much Perfect
Paris Hilton: 'No One F---s With My Family And Gets Away With It'
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- 5 Thanksgiving Disasters You Can Fix: Here's How
- 7 New Ways to Use Kitchen Equipment You Already Have