Stir-Fried Chicken with Wilted Spinach & Tamari Walnuts
The joy of stir-frying is that an interesting dish like this cooks in mere minutes. The only trick is to have all the ingredients prepped and ready to add. Once you start stir-frying you can't afford to lose time mincing and measuring.
1. To marinate chicken: Combine 2 teaspoons tamari (or soy sauce), 2 teaspoons rice wine (or sherry), 2 teaspoons honey and 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil in a medium bowl. Add chicken and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate until ready to cook.
2. Make Tamari Walnuts. Set aside.
3. To prepare stir-fry: Stir cornstarch, 1 tablespoon tamari (or soy sauce), 1 tablespoon rice wine (or sherry) and 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil in a small bowl until smooth; set stir-fry sauce aside.
4. Heat 1 teaspoon canola oil in a large nonstick skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add half the chicken, a few pieces at a time, and stir-fry, turning up the heat as necessary to maintain a steady sizzle, until the chicken is no longer pink in the center, 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer the chicken and any juices in the pan to a plate. Repeat with another teaspoon oil and the remaining chicken; transfer to the plate.
5. Add the remaining 1 teaspoon oil to the hot pan and heat briefly over medium-high heat. Add bell pepper and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add ginger and garlic; stir-fry for 20 seconds. Add spinach, about half at a time, turning to combine with the seasonings. Cover and cook just until wilted, 30 to 60 seconds.
6. Add the reserved chicken (and any accumulated juices) to the pan, along with scallions. Stir the sauce and add it to the pan; stir-fry over high heat until the sauce has thickened, 30 to 60 seconds. Serve immediately, sprinkled with Tamari Walnuts.
Related Recipe: Tamari Walnuts
|Per Single Serving / Serves 4 Total|
|Calories from fat||153||Total Fat||17gm||26%|
|Saturated Fat||2gm||10%||Mono Unsaturated Fat||5gm|
Nutrition Facts provided by: EatingWell
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
** Nutrient information is not available.
- Almaz’s Ethiopian Doro Wat (Chicken Curry) inspired by Cutting for Stone
- Chicken Cutlet with Aged Jack Cheese Crust and Spinach Salad
- Mustard-Garlic Chicken Paillards with Spring Peas and Lemon
Add a Comment
- Jennifer Smith Changed How She Thought About Food And Lost 165 Pounds
WestJet Finds Out What Passengers Want For Christmas, Leaves Presents At Baggage Claim (VIDEO)
- Hero Teen Aubrey Peters Remembered At Candlelight Vigil
U.S. Soccer Star Alex Morgan Engaged To MLS's Servando Carrasco (PHOTOS)
If Only All Moms Could Breastfeed Like Gisele
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- 5 Thanksgiving Disasters You Can Fix: Here's How
- 7 New Ways to Use Kitchen Equipment You Already Have