Sweet Potato and Spiced Pecan Soup
MELT butter in 6-qt. saucepot. Add onions and garlic and cook over medium heat until onions are tender.
ADD broth, bay leaves, 1/2 tsp. salt, 1/4 tsp. black pepper and potatoes. Heat to a boil. Cover and cook 10 min. or until potatoes are tender.
ADD 1 cup cream and heat through. Discard bay leaves.
PLACE one-third the broth mixture in blender or food processor. Cover and blend until smooth. Repeat with remaining broth mixture. Return to saucepot and heat through.
MIX hot sauce, Worcestershire, 1/2 tsp. salt and 1/4 tsp. pepper. Add pecans; toss to coat. Spread pecans in single layer on jelly-roll pan.
BAKE at 250°F. for 15 min. or until pecans are toasted. Cool. Serve soup with Chive Chantilly and sprinkle with pecans.
TIP: Chive Chantilly: Beat 1/2 cup cream until stiff peaks form. Gently stir in 3 tbsp. thinly sliced fresh chives.
- Grilled Peppers, Eggplant & Zucchini with Lemon-Harissa Dressing
- Coffin Canapes with Red Pepper, Goat Cheese, and Black-Olive Spread
- Pearled Barley Salad with Apples, Pomegranate Seeds and Pine Nuts
Add a Comment
Kirstie Alley Explains Why John Travolta Was Her 'Greatest Love'
Celebrity Swans: Awkward Adolescents Turned Smokin' Hot Stars
Miley Cyrus' Jingle Ball Performance Of '#Getitright' Features Santa Twerking And Plenty Of Glitter
Grammy 2014 Snubs: Miley Cyrus Shut Out, Kanye West Comes Up Short, Lorde Lacks Best New Artist
Chicago Bulls Cheerleader Surprised With Marriage Proposal During Bulls-Heat Game (VIDEO, PHOTOS)
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- 5 Thanksgiving Disasters You Can Fix: Here's How
- 7 New Ways to Use Kitchen Equipment You Already Have