This creamy sauce is a classic with chicken - and while tarragon is the traditional herb, thyme or rosemary would also work beautifully. Serve with sauteed string beans and wild rice.
1. Season chicken on both sides with 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper. Heat 1 1/2 teaspoons oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook until well browned, about 3 minutes per side. Transfer to a plate and tent with foil.
2. Reduce heat to medium. Add the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil to pan. Add shallots; cook, stirring, until softened, 2 to 3 minutes. Add broth and wine and bring to a simmer. Cook until reduced by half, about 3 minutes.
3. Return the chicken and any accumulated juices to the pan; reduce heat to low. Simmer until the chicken is cooked through, about 4 minutes. Transfer the chicken to a warmed platter. Stir mustard, sour cream and tarragon into sauce. Season to taste with salt and pepper and spoon over the chicken.
|Per Single Serving / Serves 4 Total|
|Calories from fat||63||Total Fat||7gm||11%|
|Saturated Fat||2gm||10%||Mono Unsaturated Fat||4gm|
Nutrition Facts provided by: EatingWell
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
** Nutrient information is not available.
Add a Comment
Charlie Sheen's Real Name Makes A Comeback: Actor Credited As Carlos Estevez In New Film (VIDEO)
This Week's Worst-Dressed List Features Madonna In A Leotard, Naturally (PHOTOS)
Obama Forgets To Salute Marine, Awkwardly Makes It Up To Him
Stripper Photos: Bronwen Park-Rhodes Celebrates Exhibitionism In Raw Photography Series (PHOTOS)
Pasta Fails: The Internet's Most Spectacular Disappointments (PHOTOS)
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Staff Picks: Our Favorite Spring Produce
- Los Angeles: Eat the Huaraches and Gorditas at Antojitos Carmen