Thai Beef & Peppers
Provided By: Kate Slate
By Kate Slate
In Thai cuisine, beef is typically paired with red curry paste, but the light, citrusy flavors of lemongrass, cilantro, and lime in a green curry paste work beautifully here.
Ingredient #6: Although this is a "Just 5 Ingredients" recipe, if you went for one more ingredient, it could be coconut milk in place of the water, or shredded fresh mint stirred into the beef mixture at the last minute.
In a medium saucepan, cook the coconut, stirring constantly, over medium heat until toasted, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from the heat, add the rice, and stir well. Add water and cook the rice according to the package directions, using the 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the oil and curry paste over medium-high heat until beginning to sizzle, 1 to 2 minutes. Add the beef and cook, stirring, until the beef starts to give up its juices but is still pink in the center, 2 to 3 minutes.
Serve the beef, peppers, and pan juices over the rice.
|Per Single Serving / Serves 4 Total|
|Calories||391||Calories from fat||90|
|Total Fat||10gm||15%||Saturated Fat||3gm||15%|
|Vitamin A||19%||Vitamin C||68%|
Nutrition Facts provided by: Kate Slate
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
** Nutrient information is not available.
- Pastiera di maccheroni (Pasta Bake with Pancetta, Rosemary, and Ground Pork)
- Grilled Peppers, Eggplant & Zucchini with Lemon-Harissa Dressing
- Coffin Canapes with Red Pepper, Goat Cheese, and Black-Olive Spread
Add a Comment
The Most Embarrassing I-Want-You-Back Texts We've Ever Read
Ethan Couch Sentenced To Probation In Crash That Killed 4 After Defense Argued He Had 'Affluenza'
Artist Turns 12 Ex-Lovers Into One Awesome Shoe Collection (NSFW)
Jang Song Thaek, Kim Jong Un's Ousted Uncle, Reportedly Executed
Dupree Johnson Charged With 142 Felony Counts After Cop Sees His Instagram Page
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Unusual Ways to Reuse Your Holiday Wrapping Paper
- The Prettiest Party Basics For Holiday Entertaining