Thai Grilled Chicken & Broccoli on Napa Cabbage
Fish sauce (nam pla) and hot chile sauce are available in Asian markets and many large supermarkets.
1. Whisk together broth, lemon juice, fish sauce, lemongrass or lemon zest, chile sauce or paste, honey, ginger, garlic, and 1 1/2 teaspoons of the oil in a small bowl. Pour about half of this marinade into a shallow dish just large enough to hold chicken. Add the chicken, stirring to coat. Whisk the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil into the remaining marinade and season with salt to use as salad dressing. Cover the chicken and the dressing and refrigerate for 1 hour, stirring the chicken once or twice.
2. Prepare a medium-hot barbecue fire or preheat a gas grill. Remove the chicken from the marinade. Add broccoli and scallions to the dish, turning to coat with the marinade. On 4 long or 8 short skewers, alternate the broccoli, scallions and chicken. Grill, turning once or twice, until the chicken is browned and cooked through, about 6 minutes.
3. Toss cabbage in a bowl with all but 1 tablespoon of the reserved dressing. Transfer to a serving platter and arrange the skewers on top. Drizzle with the remaining dressing. Garnish with cucumber slices, radishes and chopped peanuts.
Fish sauce (nam pla) and hot chile sauce are available in Asian markets and many large supermarkets, or they can be ordered by mail from Anzen Importers, 736 N.E. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., Portland, OR 97232, (503) 233-5111.
|Per Single Serving / Serves 4 Total|
|Calories from fat||63||Total Fat||7gm||11%|
|Saturated Fat||1gm||5%||Mono Unsaturated Fat||3gm|
Nutrition Facts provided by: EatingWell
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
** Nutrient information is not available.
Add a Comment
Is The Universe A Hologram? Physicists Say It's Possible
Ethan Couch Sentenced To Probation In Crash That Killed 4 After Defense Argued He Had 'Affluenza'
Beyonce Shares Blue Ivy Photo, Still Manages To Keep Her From Prying Eyes
The Most Embarrassing I-Want-You-Back Texts We've Ever Read
Ellen DeGeneres Responds To Divorce Rumors As Only She Can
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- 5 Thanksgiving Disasters You Can Fix: Here's How
- 7 New Ways to Use Kitchen Equipment You Already Have
- Unusual Ways to Reuse Your Holiday Wrapping Paper
- Holiday Hosting Made Easy: Revelry House Tells Us Their Expert Entertaining Tips