Thai Grilled Chicken & Broccoli on Napa Cabbage
Fish sauce (nam pla) and hot chile sauce are available in Asian markets and many large supermarkets.
1. Whisk together broth, lemon juice, fish sauce, lemongrass or lemon zest, chile sauce or paste, honey, ginger, garlic, and 1 1/2 teaspoons of the oil in a small bowl. Pour about half of this marinade into a shallow dish just large enough to hold chicken. Add the chicken, stirring to coat. Whisk the remaining 1 1/2 teaspoons oil into the remaining marinade and season with salt to use as salad dressing. Cover the chicken and the dressing and refrigerate for 1 hour, stirring the chicken once or twice.
2. Prepare a medium-hot barbecue fire or preheat a gas grill. Remove the chicken from the marinade. Add broccoli and scallions to the dish, turning to coat with the marinade. On 4 long or 8 short skewers, alternate the broccoli, scallions and chicken. Grill, turning once or twice, until the chicken is browned and cooked through, about 6 minutes.
3. Toss cabbage in a bowl with all but 1 tablespoon of the reserved dressing. Transfer to a serving platter and arrange the skewers on top. Drizzle with the remaining dressing. Garnish with cucumber slices, radishes and chopped peanuts.
Fish sauce (nam pla) and hot chile sauce are available in Asian markets and many large supermarkets, or they can be ordered by mail from Anzen Importers, 736 N.E. Martin Luther King Jr. Blvd., Portland, OR 97232, (503) 233-5111.
|Per Single Serving / Serves 4 Total|
|Calories from fat||63||Total Fat||7gm||11%|
|Saturated Fat||1gm||5%||Mono Unsaturated Fat||3gm|
Nutrition Facts provided by: EatingWell
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
** Nutrient information is not available.
Add a Comment
5-Year-Old's Attempt To Forge Mommy's Signature Is Definitely Frame-Worthy
'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram
The Worst Product Flops Of All Time: 24/7 Wall Street
Kesha Drops Dollar Sign From Her Name After Leaving Rehab
Ann Coulter At CPAC: Democrats Want Immigration Reform For 'Warm Bodies, More Votes'
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Nine Steps To Help You Declutter a Room
- Stylish Exaggeration: Jonathan Adler Reveals One Of His Muses