Tofu & Veggies with Maple Barbecue Sauce
Nestled in the foothills of the Green Mountains, Mary's Restaurant is an idyllic retreat in Bristol, Vermont. Chef-owner Doug Mack works with farmers to highlight seasonal ingredients on his menu. He keeps vegetarian diners happy with this untraditional stir-fry, which jazzes up tofu with a zesty sauce.
1. Make Maple Barbecue Sauce.
2. Drain and rinse tofu; pat dry. Cut into 1-inch cubes. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add tofu and cook, turning from time to time, until browned on all sides, 5 to 7 minutes. Transfer to a plate.
3. Add the remaining 2 teaspoons oil to the pan. Add broccoli, cauliflower, mushrooms and carrots; cook, stirring often, until just tender, about 4 minutes. Add the barbecue sauce and bring to a simmer. Stir in tofu and serve.
Related Recipe: Maple Barbecue Sauce
|Per Single Serving / Serves 4 Total|
|Calories||215||Calories from fat||90|
|Total Fat||10gm||15%||Saturated Fat||1gm||5%|
|Mono Unsaturated Fat||1gm||Sodium||102mg||4%|
Nutrition Facts provided by: EatingWell
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
** Nutrient information is not available.
- Open-Faced Grilled Eggplant, Red Onion, and Heirloom Tomato Sandwiches with Creamy Celeriac Sauce
- Herb-Stuffed Turkey Thighs with White Wine Sauce (Tacchino Ripieno Con Salsa Al Vino Bianco)
- Cumin Seed Roasted Cauliflower with Salted Yogurt, Mint, and Pomegranate Seeds
Add a Comment
Miley Cyrus Uses A Teleprompter Onstage During Her Concerts
8 Couples Who Don't Take The Whole Wedding Thing Too Seriously
Kate Middleton's Date-Night Outfit Has Us Drooling
18 Things Highly Creative People Do Differently
An Otter Attacked An Alligator, And Then Ate It (PHOTOS)
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Nine Steps To Help You Declutter a Room
- Stylish Exaggeration: Jonathan Adler Reveals One Of His Muses