Turkey Meatballs in Marinara Sauce
Heat the oil in a heavy wide pot over medium-high heat.
Add the shallots and garlic and sauté until tender about 2 minutes.
Add the thyme and bay leaf.
Add the wine and tomatoes and bring to a simmer.
Simmer very gently uncovered over medium-low heat stirring occasionally until the tomatoes break down to form a chunky sauce (you may need to add a little water during the cooking process if the sauce thickens too much) about 1½ hours.
Stir in the basil.
Season the sauce to taste with salt and pepper. Remove the thyme stems and bay leaf.
Combine the turkey breadcrumbs shallots garlic parsley thyme mustard salt and paprika in a large mixing bowl.
Add the egg.
Using your hand gently mix just until blended.
Form the mixture into 6 to 8 meatballs.
Heat the oil in a heavy large frying pan over medium heat.
Fry the meatballs until golden brown all over about 12 minutes.
Using a slotted spoon transfer the meatballs to the tomato sauce.
Simmer gently until the meatballs are cooked through and the flavors are well married about 10 minutes.
Transfer the meatballs and the tomato sauce to serving bowls.
Using a Microplane rasp grater grate the Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese over the meatballs and serve.
- Open-Faced Grilled Eggplant, Red Onion, and Heirloom Tomato Sandwiches with Creamy Celeriac Sauce
- Herb-Stuffed Turkey Thighs with White Wine Sauce (Tacchino Ripieno Con Salsa Al Vino Bianco)
- Pastiera di maccheroni (Pasta Bake with Pancetta, Rosemary, and Ground Pork)
Paris Hilton Breaks Out Her Bikini In Dubai
Beyonce Posts Bikini Photos From Her Recent Jamaican Holiday
Kate Middleton's Tiara At Diplomatic Reception Is Her First Since Royal Wedding (PHOTOS)
Jada Pinkett Smith Rocked A Bikini This Thanksgiving While You Were Stuffing Your Face
Kaley Cuoco Rocks Bikini While On Vacation With Fiance Ryan Sweeting
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- 5 Thanksgiving Disasters You Can Fix: Here's How
- 7 New Ways to Use Kitchen Equipment You Already Have