Turkey Meatballs in Marinara Sauce
Heat the oil in a heavy wide pot over medium-high heat.
Add the shallots and garlic and sauté until tender about 2 minutes.
Add the thyme and bay leaf.
Add the wine and tomatoes and bring to a simmer.
Simmer very gently uncovered over medium-low heat stirring occasionally until the tomatoes break down to form a chunky sauce (you may need to add a little water during the cooking process if the sauce thickens too much) about 1½ hours.
Stir in the basil.
Season the sauce to taste with salt and pepper. Remove the thyme stems and bay leaf.
Combine the turkey breadcrumbs shallots garlic parsley thyme mustard salt and paprika in a large mixing bowl.
Add the egg.
Using your hand gently mix just until blended.
Form the mixture into 6 to 8 meatballs.
Heat the oil in a heavy large frying pan over medium heat.
Fry the meatballs until golden brown all over about 12 minutes.
Using a slotted spoon transfer the meatballs to the tomato sauce.
Simmer gently until the meatballs are cooked through and the flavors are well married about 10 minutes.
Transfer the meatballs and the tomato sauce to serving bowls.
Using a Microplane rasp grater grate the Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese over the meatballs and serve.
- Open-Faced Grilled Eggplant, Red Onion, and Heirloom Tomato Sandwiches with Creamy Celeriac Sauce
- Herb-Stuffed Turkey Thighs with White Wine Sauce (Tacchino Ripieno Con Salsa Al Vino Bianco)
- Pastiera di maccheroni (Pasta Bake with Pancetta, Rosemary, and Ground Pork)
Target's Latest Photoshop Fail Looks Pretty Painful
Miley Cyrus Performs In Underwear After Missing Costume Change
Obama Pushes Obamacare Enrollment On 'Between Two Ferns' With Zach Galifianakis
What Happens When 20 Strangers Are Paired Off And Asked To Kiss? Magic
Charlie The Dog's Life Saved By Drinking Vodka
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Nine Steps To Help You Declutter a Room
- Stylish Exaggeration: Jonathan Adler Reveals One Of His Muses