Turkey Sloppy Joes
Provided By: Ian Knauer
Benjamin Franklin lobbied for the turkey to become the national bird. Luckily, he lost that battle, because we're guessing the bald eagle doesn't taste as good. These Sloppy Joes are their own national treasure and they won't make you question your patriotism.
Heat oil in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderately high heat until it shimmers, then sauté onion, celery, garlic, 1 teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper, stirring occasionally, until golden, about 6 minutes. Add turkey and sauté, stirring occasionally and breaking up large lumps with a wooden spoon, until meat is no longer pink, about 5 minutes.
Purée tomatoes with juice, ketchup, Worcestershire sauce, vinegar, and Tabasco in a blender until smooth. Add to turkey and simmer, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until sauce is thickened, 10 to 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve turkey sloppy joes on hamburger buns.
Add a Comment
Adam Lanza's Father: 'Evil' Sandy Hook Shooter Would Have Killed Me 'In A Heartbeat'
Miley Cyrus Performs In Underwear After Missing Costume Change
The Worst Product Flops Of All Time: 24/7 Wall Street
Joran van der Sloot Extradition: Will Face Extortion Charges In U.S. In 2038
How I Got The Name Whoopi Goldberg (VIDEO)
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Healthy Weekly Dinner Meal Plan: A Whole Week of Healthy Spring Dinners
- 7-Day Early Spring Healthy Dinner Plan
- Nine Steps To Help You Declutter a Room
- Stylish Exaggeration: Jonathan Adler Reveals One Of His Muses