Upside-Down Blueberry Corncake
Heat oven to 350°F. Heat a heavy 10-inch-wide, 11⁄2-inch-deep ovenproof skillet (cast iron is ideal) over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons of the butter and stir until melted.
Mix blueberries, 1⁄3 cup sugar and the cornstarch in a medium bowl. Add to skillet and cook, stirring, 3 minutes or until bubbly. Remove pan from heat.
Beat remaining butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer until blended. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until fluffy, about 2 minutes. In another bowl whisk the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt until blended. Beat into butter mixture in 2 additions alternately with the milk until blended (mixture will be grainy) and scrape over blueberry mixture in skillet; spread evenly.
Bake 35 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Run a knife around edge of pan, place serving plate on top of skillet. Holding the skillet and plate together with potholders, carefully invert hot cake onto the plate. Let cake cool completely before serving.
|Per Single Serving / Serves 1 Total|
|Calories||291||Calories from fat||99|
|Total Fat||11gm||17%||Saturated Fat||0gm||0%|
Nutrition Facts provided by: Woman's Day
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
** Nutrient information is not available.
Add a Comment
Paris Hilton Breaks Out Her Bikini In Dubai
Kate Middleton's Tiara At Diplomatic Reception Is Her First Since Royal Wedding (PHOTOS)
Paul Walker Crash Photos Show Severity Of Accident
Bill Beckwith Dead: 'Curb Appeal' Co-Host Dies In Motorcycle Crash
Kaley Cuoco Rocks Bikini While On Vacation With Fiance Ryan Sweeting
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- 5 Thanksgiving Disasters You Can Fix: Here's How
- 7 New Ways to Use Kitchen Equipment You Already Have