Upside-Down Blueberry Corncake
Heat oven to 350°F. Heat a heavy 10-inch-wide, 11⁄2-inch-deep ovenproof skillet (cast iron is ideal) over medium heat. Add 2 tablespoons of the butter and stir until melted.
Mix blueberries, 1⁄3 cup sugar and the cornstarch in a medium bowl. Add to skillet and cook, stirring, 3 minutes or until bubbly. Remove pan from heat.
Beat remaining butter and sugar in a large bowl with an electric mixer until blended. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until fluffy, about 2 minutes. In another bowl whisk the cornmeal, flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt until blended. Beat into butter mixture in 2 additions alternately with the milk until blended (mixture will be grainy) and scrape over blueberry mixture in skillet; spread evenly.
|Per Single Serving / Serves 1 Total|
|Calories||291||Calories from fat||99|
|Total Fat||11gm||17%||Saturated Fat||0gm||0%|
Nutrition Facts provided by: Woman's Day
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
** Nutrient information is not available.
Add a Comment
The Worst Product Flops Of All Time: 24/7 Wall Street
- Miley Cyrus Performs In Underwear After Missing Costume Change
- 'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram
Joran van der Sloot Extradition: Will Face Extortion Charges In U.S. In 2038
10 Painless Ways To Change Your Messy, Messy Habits
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Nine Steps To Help You Declutter a Room
- Stylish Exaggeration: Jonathan Adler Reveals One Of His Muses