Arrange peppers on a broiler pan and broil peppers about 2 inches from heat, turning occasionally with tongs, until skins are blackened, 20 to 25 minutes. Transfer to a large bowl and cover tightly with plastic wrap (or cover with a plate), then let stand 20 minutes. When cool enough to handle, peel peppers, discarding stems and seeds, and quarter each lengthwise. Pat dry with paper towels before assembling wraps.
While peppers are broiling, drop garlic in the bowl of a food processor while machine is running. Add chickpeas, tahini, water, lemon juice, and salt and puree until very smooth. Transfer to a bowl.
Peel wide strips from carrot lengthwise with peeler. Cut cucumber lengthwise into very thin (about 1/16-inch-thick) slices with slicer.
Place a wrap on a work surface. Spread ? cup chickpea mixture over leaving a 1-inch border from edge. Arrange cucumber slices vertically over chickpea spread in a single, but slightly overlapping layer. Repeat with carrot slices. Place 1 whole pepper (4 quarters) horizontally over bottom third. Fold in short sides about 1/2 inch, then enclose bottom half over peppers and roll tightly away from you (At this point, sandwich can be wrapped tightly in plastic wrap and chilled for up to 3 hours). Insert 4 skewers along enclosed end, through top at 1-inch intervals. Cut crosswise into 4 pieces at either end of skewers. Make 5 more sandwiches in same manner.
Make ahead: Chickpea spread can be made and kept chilled in an airtight container up to 2 days ahead.
*Peppers can be roasted and kept chilled in an airtight container 1 day ahead. Pat dry before using.
*Sandwiches can be assembled (but not cut) up to 3 hours ahead. Keep chilled wrapped tightly in plastic.
Cook's Note: Store-bought hummus (2 cups total) and jarred roasted peppers can be used for this recipe.
Add a Comment
- Jennifer Smith Changed How She Thought About Food And Lost 165 Pounds
- Hero Teen Aubrey Peters Remembered At Candlelight Vigil
Kelly Clarkson Responds To Cheating Rumors With Twitter Blast
U.S. Soccer Star Alex Morgan Engaged To MLS's Servando Carrasco (PHOTOS)
Fired Founder: Men's Wearhouse 'Began Throwing Me Out Of My Office'
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- 5 Thanksgiving Disasters You Can Fix: Here's How
- 7 New Ways to Use Kitchen Equipment You Already Have
- Taming the Outdoors: How To Pick the Perfect Christmas Tree
- 15 Ideas For A Black And White Christmas