White Asparagus with Brown-Butter Vinaigrette
This side dish plays up the elegance of white asparagus.
Trim about 1 inch from the tough ends of the asparagus spears using a sharp knife. Peel about 2/3 of each spear below the floret using a vegetable peeler, being careful not to break the asparagus.
Bring a skillet filled with about 2 inches of water to a boil. Season liberally with salt. Add asparagus and cook until knife tender, about 5 minutes.
Meanwhile, add butter to a small saucepan and set over medium heat. Let butter turn a nutty brown, about 5 minutes, while swirling the pan to keep the butter from foaming too much. Pour browned butter into a small bowl or measuring cup. Whisk in lemon juice and vinegar. Season with salt. Stir in parsley.
Carefully remove asparagus to a platter and pour over with vinaigrette. Serve immediately.
Add a Comment
Lindsay Lohan Poses In Cutout Swimsuit While In Miami
These Celebrity Weddings Of 2013 Took Our Breath Away
Ja Rule Responds To Gay Rumors, Denies Leaving His Wife For Prison Cellmate
This Is What Happened To The Original 'Sound Of Music' Cast
North West Looks Cute And Cozy In Kim Kardashian's Latest Instagram
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- 5 Thanksgiving Disasters You Can Fix: Here's How
- 7 New Ways to Use Kitchen Equipment You Already Have