White Asparagus with Brown-Butter Vinaigrette
This side dish plays up the elegance of white asparagus.
Trim about 1 inch from the tough ends of the asparagus spears using a sharp knife. Peel about 2/3 of each spear below the floret using a vegetable peeler, being careful not to break the asparagus.
Meanwhile, add butter to a small saucepan and set over medium heat. Let butter turn a nutty brown, about 5 minutes, while swirling the pan to keep the butter from foaming too much. Pour browned butter into a small bowl or measuring cup. Whisk in lemon juice and vinegar. Season with salt. Stir in parsley.
Carefully remove asparagus to a platter and pour over with vinaigrette. Serve immediately.
Add a Comment
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Healthy Weekly Dinner Meal Plan: A Whole Week of Healthy Spring Dinners
- 7-Day Early Spring Healthy Dinner Plan
- Nine Steps To Help You Declutter a Room
- Stylish Exaggeration: Jonathan Adler Reveals One Of His Muses