Whole-Wheat Couscous with Parmesan & Peas
Couscous, which is actually a type of tiny pasta, makes an almost-instant side dish. Happily, the whole-wheat variety is just as fast to prepare as regular couscous. Lemon zest is a delicious accent to nutty Parmesan in this Italian-inspired couscous.
1. Combine broth, water and oil in a large saucepan; bring to a boil. Stir in couscous and remove from heat. Cover and let plump for 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, cook peas on the stovetop or in the microwave according to package directions.
3. Add the peas, dill, lemon zest, salt and pepper to the couscous; mix gently and fluff with a fork. Serve hot, sprinkled with cheese.
|Per Single Serving / Serves 6 Total|
|Calories||208||Calories from fat||36|
|Total Fat||4gm||6%||Saturated Fat||1gm||5%|
|Mono Unsaturated Fat||2gm||Cholesterol||6mg||2%|
Nutrition Facts provided by: EatingWell
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
** Nutrient information is not available.
Add a Comment
Amy Adams' Bikini Body Isn't What You'd Expect, Actress Says (PHOTOS)
James Gandolfini Dead: 'Sopranos' Star Dies In Italy At 51 (REPORTS)
Giant Snake Opens Door, Nightmares (VIDEO)
George Zimmer, Men's Wearhouse Founder And 'You're Going To Like The Way You Look' Guy, Fired
Courtney Stodden's Plastic Surgery: 18-Year-Old Debuts Post-Op Body
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Staff Picks: Our Favorite Spring Produce
- Los Angeles: Eat the Huaraches and Gorditas at Antojitos Carmen
- Eating Clean? 6 Processed Foods You Can Avoid & Easily Make at Home
- Healthy Smoothies: Best Smoothie Ingredients & 10 To Ditch
- Hypnobirth: Kate Middleton Considers Natural Birthing Method For Royal Baby
- Kate Middleton's Royal Baby Makes Britain Millions Before Birth