Wild Mushroom Spring Rolls
Heat oil in a skillet or wok over high heat.
Add garlic ginger and scallions and cook for 1 minute. Add the mushrooms and cook for another minute. Add the cabbage and carrots and cook until the cabbage starts to wilt about 2 minutes. Stir in the hoisin and oyster sauces and toss to coat the mixture. Remove from the heat and mix in the noodles sprouts and cilantro. The filling should be moist but not wet. Remove from heat and allow the filling to cool. Season it to taste with salt and pepper.
Lay a spring roll wrapper on a flat surface on an angle so it looks like a diamond. Spoon 2 tablespoons of the filling near the bottom corner of the wrapper and fold up to enclose the filling. Fold in the two sides. Paint the top seam of the wrapper with the beaten egg. Continue rolling up to form a tight cylinder. Pour about one inch of oil in a skillet or wok and heat to 350 degrees F. Fry the spring rolls turning to cook all sides until browned about 2 minutes. Drain on paper towels and keep warm.
Mustard Sauce: Mix Dijon mustard hot water rice vinegar toasted sesame oil and sugar and stir until the sugar dissolves.
Serve spring rolls with mustard dipping sauce.
Add a Comment
The Most Embarrassing I-Want-You-Back Texts We've Ever Read
Is The Universe A Hologram? Physicists Say It's Possible
Ethan Couch Sentenced To Probation In Crash That Killed 4 After Defense Argued He Had 'Affluenza'
Jang Song Thaek, Kim Jong Un's Ousted Uncle, Reportedly Executed
Ellen DeGeneres Responds To Divorce Rumors As Only She Can
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- 5 Thanksgiving Disasters You Can Fix: Here's How
- 7 New Ways to Use Kitchen Equipment You Already Have
- Unusual Ways to Reuse Your Holiday Wrapping Paper
- Holiday Hosting Made Easy: Revelry House Tells Us Their Expert Entertaining Tips