Wild Mushrooms with Frisee
The sheer luxury of an abundant pile of exotic mushrooms makes any holiday table feel like a royal feast. The frisee adds just the right amount of fresh, crisp texture to balance out this woodsy indulgence.
Separate mushrooms from clusters, tear large oyster mushrooms in half lengthwise, cut creminis into 1/4-inch slices, and slice royal trumpets lengthwise (if using). Leave smaller mushrooms whole and cut larger mushrooms in half, retaining as much of their shape as possible.
Heat 2 tablespoons oil in each of two large heavy skillets (10 to 12 inches) over high heat until oil shimmers. Add half of shallots to each skillet and cook, stirring, until shallots are soft, 2 to 3 minutes.
Add one-fourth amount of mushrooms to each pan and cook over high heat with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper in each pan, stirring occasionally, until mushrooms are tender and liquid is absorbed, about 5 minutes. Transfer mushrooms to a large bowl.
Divide remaining oil between skillets and heat until it shimmers. Divide remaining mushrooms between skillets and add 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper to each skillet. Cook over high heat, stirring occasionally until mushrooms are tender and liquid is absorbed.
Add vermouth to both skillets of mushrooms and cook, stirring, until vermouth is absorbed. Transfer all mushrooms to a large pot.
Stir parsley, garlic, and lemon juice into mushrooms and cook over moderate heat, stirring, until mushrooms are heated through and garlic is fragrant, about 2 minutes. Turn off heat, stir curly endive into mushrooms, and serve immediately.
- Grilled Peppers, Eggplant & Zucchini with Lemon-Harissa Dressing
- Coffin Canapes with Red Pepper, Goat Cheese, and Black-Olive Spread
- Pearled Barley Salad with Apples, Pomegranate Seeds and Pine Nuts
Add a Comment
Mummified Body Of Woman Found At Detroit-area Home
Malaysia Airlines Plane, Flight MH370, Goes Missing
Award-Winning Photo Tells Us More About The Syria Crisis Than Any Statistic Can
Did Michael Jackson Have A Secret Son? Well, Here's What's Going On
'Hot Facebook Mom' Still Wants To Know: 'What's Your Excuse?'
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Nine Steps To Help You Declutter a Room
- Stylish Exaggeration: Jonathan Adler Reveals One Of His Muses