Wild Rice Waffles with Strawberries and Chocolate Chips
Preheat a waffle iron on high. Place the flour and baking powder in a large bowl and whisk well. Make a well in the center of the flour mixture.
Add the buttermilk, wild rice, egg whites, strawberries, chocolate chips, maple syrup, margarine and vanilla extract. Using a spatula, stir the flour until a soft batter begins to form, about 10 turns.
Coat the waffle iron with cooking spray. Pour 1 cup of batter in the center of the iron and close the lid. Cook until the waffle is golden and crisp (the lid should release easily), 8 to 10 minutes. Repeat with the remaining batter. Serve immediately.
Add a Comment
The Worst Product Flops Of All Time: 24/7 Wall Street
'MasterChef' Judge Graham Elliot Shows Off Impressive 150-Pound Weight Loss On Instagram
Ann Coulter At CPAC: Democrats Want Immigration Reform For 'Warm Bodies, More Votes'
Family Gets Sick From LSD-Tainted Meat From Florida Wal-Mart: Police
B.C. Real Estate: Houseboats For Sale, March 2014 (PHOTOS)
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Healthy Weekly Dinner Meal Plan: A Whole Week of Healthy Spring Dinners
- 7-Day Early Spring Healthy Dinner Plan
- Nine Steps To Help You Declutter a Room
- Stylish Exaggeration: Jonathan Adler Reveals One Of His Muses