Winter Roots Pilaf in Parchment with Basmati Rice, Pine Nuts and Dried Cranberries
Provided By: Diane Forley
Presenting the pilaf 'en papillote' adds drama to this rustic dish.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Line a half size sheet pan with parchment paper. Place vegetables in a medium sized mixing bowl with shallots, rosemary and 2 Tablespoons of the olive oil. Season vegetables to taste with salt and pepper. Place vegetables on the half sheet pan in an even layer and roast in the oven. Cook for about 45 - 50 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent burning, until lightly browned but still a little crunchy. Allow vegetables to cool to room temperature.
Vegetables can be prepared a day ahead to this point. To prepare pilaf, mix together vegetables, cooked rice or grain, dried cranberries, pine nuts and parsley in a large mixing bowl. Toss together with a spoon. Add chicken or vegetable stock. Taste for seasoning. Cut 4 or 6 parchment sheets into 12” x 18” rectangles. Working on a cutting board, fold each sheet in half to form 12” x 9” packet. Place 1 ½ to 2 cups pilaf in the crease at the middle. Drizzle two teaspoons of olive oil over the pilaf. Begin folding from one end, creating pleats until reaching the end. Transfer carefully to the baking sheet and repeat with the remaining mix. For additional packets, use second baking sheet to allow for the packets to bake properly. Place packets in a 400 degree oven and bake for 12 minutes, or until puffy and light to medium brown. Serve bag immediately on warm plates and let each person tear open the package.
|Per Single Serving / Serves 4 Total|
|Calories||413||Calories from fat||180|
|Total Fat||20gm||31%||Saturated Fat||2gm||10%|
Nutrition Facts provided by: Diane Forley
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
** Nutrient information is not available.
Add a Comment
- Oklahoma Tornado Aftermath Leaves Trail Of Destruction In Moore (PHOTOS, LIVE UPDATES)
- 'Fat' Abercrombie Ads Are A Brilliant Response To CEO Mike Jeffries (PHOTOS)
Jodi Arias Wants To Live: In Statement, Murderer Tells Jury She Doesn't Want Death (VIDEO)
Trenda Purcell, Oklahoma Mom, Reunites With 8-Year-Old Son After Tornado (VIDEO)
Worm Allegedly Found In McMuffin By Derrick Holt At Arizona McDonald's (Mealbreakers)
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Staff Picks: Our Favorite Spring Produce
- Los Angeles: Eat the Huaraches and Gorditas at Antojitos Carmen