Yellow Chicken & Chickpea Chili
Provided By: Kate Slate
In a large Dutch oven, heat the oil over medium-high heat. Add the onion, bell pepper, garlic, and serrano pepper. Sprinkle with the cumin and turmeric. Cook, stirring often, until the onion and pepper are softened, about 5 minutes.
Add the chicken, sprinkle with the salt, and cook, stirring to break the meat into smaller pieces, until well broken up and mostly not pink, about 3 minutes.
In a small bowl, stir 1/2 cup of the broth into the cornmeal. Add the cornmeal mixture and the rest of the broth to the pan. Bring to a high simmer and cook until the broth thickens slightly, about 5 minutes.
Stir in the chickpeas, yellow squash, and lemon zest. Cover and cook for 5 minutes to soften the squash a bit and blend the flavors.
|Per Single Serving / Serves 4 Total|
|Calories||436||Calories from fat||171|
|Total Fat||19gm||29%||Saturated Fat||4gm||20%|
|Vitamin A||5%||Vitamin C||90%|
Nutrition Facts provided by: Kate Slate
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
** Nutrient information is not available.
Add a Comment
Miley Cyrus Uses A Teleprompter Onstage During Her Concerts
- These 9 Maps Should Absolutely Outrage Southerners
Kevin Spacey Proves Just How Ridiculous Female Celebrity Questions Are
- An Otter Attacked An Alligator, And Then Ate It (PHOTOS)
Cheeto Looks Like Masturbating Man (PHOTO)
- Ultimate Sandwich Smackdown: Po' Boys vs. Cheesesteaks FoxNews
- Jacques Pepin Loves Food More Than Stardom - FoxNews
- 13 Summer Drink, Dip and Dessert Recipes - Real Simple
- Get Your Pie On! 10 Recipes - YumSugar
Sites We Love
- Nine Steps To Help You Declutter a Room
- Stylish Exaggeration: Jonathan Adler Reveals One Of His Muses